Library Conference Room
The following are guidelines and conditions of use for the Library Conference Room located on the Upper Level of the library. Please read carefully before reserving and using the room.
- Room capacity is 25 people.
- Groups reserving the room must be Biola-related (involving current students/staff/faculty) with at least six (6) people in attendance.
- There is no charge to use the room.
- The room can only be scheduled during times the library building is open.
- The room may not be used for a regularly scheduled class during a semester.
- If the door is locked when you arrive, see the Reference Desk. A librarian or RSA can unlock the door for you.
- The door should be kept closed during your meeting/event; the library should remain a quiet environment for our patrons.
- Loud music, singing, and/or talking, even with the door closed, is not allowed since the room is not soundproof and is a disturbance to those nearby.
- When you are through using the room, please turn out the lights, close, and lock the door as you leave.
- If you cancel your meeting/event after scheduling the use of the room, please advise Sue Whitehead or John Redford right away so that the room can be freed up for others to use.
- None of the existing tables or chairs can be removed from the room, however, you may rearrange them to meet your needs. When your meeting/event is over, the furniture should be put back in its original position.
- If more tables are needed, you may make arrangements through Facilities Services. Be sure to state what time you need them to arrive. Facilities Services may not deliver them any earlier as the room could still be in use by another group. Extra tables need to be picked up (and the room’s tables/chairs put back in their original positions) at the end of your scheduled time (no later).
- If needed, it is your responsibility to arrange for setup, food services, cleanup, etc.
- If food is included in your event, please request a trash can to use and to be picked up at the end of your event (through Facilities Services). Please do not put garbage in the room’s trash cans as it will sit there overnight.
- Please be sure to account for set up and clean up times when indicating your start time and end time on the LCR Request a Reservation Form.
- If using Bon Appetit, be sure they know that they must show up for set up and clean up at the exact times that you give them. They may not set up earlier or clean up later than the starting and ending times you give to them when scheduling the room because doing so may intrude on another group.
- It is your responsibility to make sure Bon Appetit cleans up the room during your scheduled time and that the room is clean and properly arranged for the next group using the room.
- Red punch and grape drink are not allowed in the room.
- There is a small refrigerator in the room. You may use it during your scheduled time. Items may not be left when your meeting/event is over.
- If you would like to use the new projection equipment permanently housed in the room, (including a projector, VCR, DVD, Blu-ray player, and smart board), a small amount of training may be required. Media Services (x4808) will assist you. The in-house equipment may not be used without this training.
- A wall-mounted telephone is in the room which provides for on-campus calls. Private workstation phones in the vicinity are not available for use.
- Push pins may be used on the green, fabric-covered walls.
- Attaching decorations or other items to the ceiling is not permitted.
Thank you for your cooperation!